Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Today

"Worry is a thief that you allow to steal your life." I read that today in a blog that I read daily. It gave me a lot of food for thought, especially the part that read "you allow".

And then this...August 1- My Utmost For His Highest.
Profound wisdom.

I have decided that for today, I am not going to worry. I can't control tomorrow and yesterday is gone, but I can decide that for today, I won't worry. I am going to enjoy this beautiful sunny day and my beautiful home.

I don't know what the future holds for my family, or my children, I don't even know what this day will bring. But for today, I am going to let God be in control and I'm going to stop trying to do his job.

Matthew 6:34 (The Message)

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.


No comments: