Saturday, August 25, 2007

My bible

I lost my bible. I'm so bummed. I've had that bible for over twenty years. I cannot figure out how I lost it or where it could be. I thought I had left it in my car or my husband's car, but it isn't there.
I've actually got several bibles, but this one was my favorite. It had a brown leather cover on it with my name imprinted on it, and my husband bought it for me when our kids were really little. I have notes written in the margins and passages underlined, and the cover is getting worn and ripped in places. I have a New Living Translation that I like to read, and I have a One Year Bible that I use for my daily reading, plus several other bibles...but this was my good bible; the one I took to church, my NIV study bible. I'm so bummed. I thought maybe I left it at church, but it's not in the lost and found, and I looked under the pews last Sunday, where we always sit, and couldn't find it. I called the church office and they hadn't seen it. I'll get another one, I guess, eventually, but I haven't given up hope that mine may turn up. If it doesn't, I hope whoever finds it is blessed.


Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

2 comments:

.justin said...

it's on the "missions media center" table at FBC...

anita said...

Justin, YOU ROCK!!! thank you so much for telling me!