Saturday, August 11, 2007

T

Ever had to cut someone out of your life? Someone you love like a member of the family? I'm facing that in my life right now. My husband and I have been used over and over for what this young girl could get from us. Used because we dared to open up our hearts and our home to her for over three years when she had nowhere else to go. In exchange, she has lied, manipulated and used us to pay for her expenses. On Thursday of this week she threatened to call the police on me, because I didn't have a key to open our garage so she could get her belongings out of it. I told her my husband would open it when he returned home, but she couldn't wait until then. How do you do that? How do you threaten someone who is 30 years older than you, because you're not willing to wait a couple hours to get some of your clothes, when they've given you over three years of their life? We let her into our lives, because we felt like it was what God wanted us to do. But I guess it takes two to make a relationship work. We gave her every opportunity, but she chose not to take them. I've been thru enough in this situation, and I refuse to be intimidated or threatened. I'm learning boundaries, and this is a big one. It's impossible to be in a healthy relationship with someone who is so unhealthy. So, I'm having to cut contact with her. But it hurts. Because I love her like she's one of my own children. That love will never stop, it's unconditional, but sometimes it's just hard.

No comments: