Sunday, August 5, 2007

Blog land


Brad H. recently started a blog. In it he writes..."as I read the things that many of you have written it brings me to believe that writing may be more therapeutic for me then anything else". I think he really hit the nail on the head with that statement. I've never been much of a writer. While other girls in high school were writing poetry to their boyfriends and keeping flower-covered diaries with little locks and keys on chains around their necks, I was too busy with other things to be bothered. I tried, as I grew older, to keep a journal, but I grew much too frustrated with the whole process of writing, scribbling out or erasing what I didn't like, etc. It was too slow, too cumbersome, and much too time-consuming to be bothered with.

But here, in blog land, I've found a format to express my thoughts, opinions and feelings, and just general observations about my world and the world around me. I don't know if many people read this, but that's okay, if they don't. As Brad stated, it's more therapeutic for me than anything else, and judging from the number of blogs being started, seemingly almost daily, it's a help to other people, too. I also like getting to know acquaintances better, and feeling that we're becoming better friends, or a "community" as Justin so aptly put it.

Maybe it's a bit ironic that I tend to be a fairly private person and yet here I am, exposing my life to the world via the internet. Regardless, I'm enjoying it immensely, and even more so, I'm enjoying viewing other's lives from the other side of the lake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy getting to know you better by reading your heart and mind on things. You have a great way of expressing yourself and I really like your photos and music. Your's is one of my favorite blogs to visit.
I haven't jumped into blog land but i'm enjoying my time spent browsing. I hope people don't mind that I just read and comment without jumping on the wagon myself.

anita said...

browse away! lol

Anonymous said...

i've always been better at expressing myself through written words, ask anyone who knows me! if there is a problem, or something i need to express i either write a letter or something along that line to get it across better.
i find the people who chose to "blog" and are more on the quiet side, or not as vocal about expressing themselves, interesting. you'd never hear 1/2 of the things they talk about unless you read their blog. like kristi for instance. i've known her for years, but i feel that i learn more about her from her blog than our chats. it amazes me how much easier some people find it to express themselves on here than in person. it makes total sense. one can do it in their own time, in their own way, and it's comfortable.
who knew this "blogging thing" would have become so big? :)