Monday, August 13, 2007

Fred


Last week my daughter had a rare afternoon off work. All three of her kids were at daycare for the day and I suggested she take a nap and relax for a couple hours. Instead she decided she needed to clean her house. She lives in a two story split level home, and both of the kids' bedrooms are downstairs. As she was cleaning in the downstairs family room and making her way down the hallway towards the bedrooms she saw a flash of movement in the hall. Not knowing what it was, she followed the movement into my grandson's bedroom and there it was...a lizard! She chased it around the room and it scurried around and around, but she was unable to catch it as it dashed behind his bed. I asked Josiah the next day...

"do you have a pet lizard?"
"Yes," he answered.
"Is it in your room?"
"Yep," he said, "under my bed."
"Really" I said. "Did you catch it and bring it in and put it in a box?"
"No" he said, "it just lives in my room."
"Oh, does it have a name?"
"Yep" he said..."his name is Fred...Fred Meyer...cause that's where my mom and you shop."

I just love that kid.

p.s. the lizard is now gone. My daughter eventually caught it and put it back outside.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not funny MOM!!! That was scary..I sware that was the biggest animal ever...ahhhh scary...

anita said...

hahaha

Anonymous said...

YOUR MOTHER WAS SCARED BY A LIZARD IN THE HOUSE WHEN YOU HERE BORN AT CHOLLAS HEIGHTS DAD

In A Tidal Wave said...

So...are you gunna get him another pet lizard or what?

anita said...

ha, his father bought him a gerbil...to keep at HIS house!