Thursday, August 16, 2007

Faith

Someone is trying to destroy my family, with lies and deception. She is not a believer. I am angry at what she's doing, but at the same time I pity her, because she's pathetic. I long to see the truth finally believed and justice prevail. I don't want to hate her, and I don't. I want God to take the blinders off her eyes and to draw her close to Him. I want God to save her soul.

I know God is in charge. He is in control. So she can say and do what she wants; in the end, God will prevail. This I know to be true.

Psalm 11:5 (NIV)

5 The LORD examines the righteous,
but the wicked and those who love violence
his soul hates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your faith truly is an anchor and an inspiration.

It sounds like you're facing one of the hardest challenges of life, watching someone you care about make bad choices. There's little to nothing you can do to help them, and you may well get hurt in the process when all you want is for that person to know grace and joy . . . it's so hard.

I will be praying for you.

Peace to your heart.

anita said...

No, it's not that. It's someone outside our family so obsessed with hating my daughter and son-in-law that she and her family want to destroy their marriage and family. Mostly, it's satan hating our Christian family and using unbelievers to do his dirty work. Today was a VERY good day, though...God is faithful, God is good.