Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Son


I love our church. I especially loved Sunday's service. which Pastor Gary says is ironic, since neither one of our pastors preached! Instead a video was shown, of someone else preaching. and in his message he showed slides of our planet, our sun, our galaxy, our universe. and he told about how VERY, VERY big the world is. so big that it can't even be measured, because we don't have the tools to measure it. and how very, very small we are. it had a bigger impact on me than probably any church service i have ever been to. because it made me realize how if God could create this world, and everything in it, and if he could know every single name of every single person, and if he could send his son to die on the cross for us, for me, then surely he must be in control of what is happening in my life. and who am i, sitting in this little town, on this tiny speck of a planet, in this big, big world, that he would love me so much, that he would send his son, my blessed Lord Jesus, to die, for such a sinner as I? I love our church, but more than that, more than anything, I love my God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It truly IS amazing to think that HE, The Soverign God, Creator of ALL Things is so in love with us.
I love him too!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!