Wednesday, September 5, 2007


Over at Wide Margins, Mary recently talked about this bible verse: Psalm 56:8

...I like the Message version..it speaks to my heart.

You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book.

I've had a lot of sleepless nights the last few years, but lately I've been sleeping much better. My son came home late the other night and came into our room to let me know he was home. I was sleeping so soundly he could barely wake me up. It's a comfort to me to know that God keeps track of my tossing and turning, and that he knows every heartache and tear. Where would I be with Him? What would bring me hope? His peace and comfort get me through my days of worry and fear. I know He is in control and I'm beginning to accept that more and more each day...maybe because the evidence of it is irrefutable. I am so glad my God loves me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope soon those tears of sadness will turn to tears of gladness. Love you