Wednesday, September 12, 2007


It's 10:43 a.m. and I am bored.
Today I got up at 7 a.m., took a bath, got dressed, made the bed, put away yesterday's load of laundry.
The girls were dropped off at 8:00. I played with the baby for a few minutes, then made her breakfast, fed her and put her in her walker.
I made breakfast for McKenzie and myself, we ate, put the dishes in the dishwasher, then I put in a SpongeBob video for her, made the baby a bottle, changed her diaper and put her down for her nap.
I worked on a Christmas gift I'm making for one of my granddaughters for about fifteen minutes and checked my e-mail.
Then I swept the downstairs floors and cleaned the downstairs bathroom. As soon as I finish this post, I will mop the floors downstairs, then go upstairs and clean the extra bathroom up there.
Isabella will wake up in about an hour and if I'm lucky, I may just get some time to work on the Christmas gift for another fifteen minutes, OR, I may even get time to scrape some more wallpaper off my kitchen walls, before she wakes up.
Such are the dreams of the average American housewife. I think I need an attitude adjustment today.
It's now 10:47 a.m.

Proverbs 31:10-15 (New International Version)

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wild. Seriously, i was reading Prov 31 this morning and thinking about my wife as she daily does basically every task you described.

I am so thankful i married a prov 31 woman. She is a blessing to me beyond words.

Anonymous said...

You are being such a blessing to your family Anita. God is using you in their lives in ways you may never even relize. Hang in there and stay fed by the Word.
...and the Word became flesh.
Jesus will be your strength, joy, hope, breath, companion,listener and even attitude adjuster.
I love this verse from Galations 6:9 "Do not become weary of doing good. For at the proper time you will reap a harvest if you do not give up"
You are doing a "good thing".
: )

Heckert's Highway said...

Anita, you make me laugh. Seriously, I'm chuckling!! So many days I've had this same attitude. I totally relate!! But in the end I wouldn't have it any other way. It seems to me that you need to have a girls night out!!! Go see 'Hairspray" with a few girlfriends. You will love it!!! Just the fix for a boring ol' housewife:0)