Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Doing the Dose'

We went camping last weekend with a large group of families from our church. It was SO relaxing. It was the first time in two years that we've been able to get away and go camping; something we used to do all the time when our kids were little. This time our son is a grown man and the little kids we took were our grandkids...it was so much fun to enjoy this time with the kids, but even more so with our son and his beautiful girlfriend. I can't remember the last time I sat around and did absolutely nothing. It was a much-needed break. Although I always love getting away, I do love coming home even more. This time, though, I think I could have stayed away for a long, long time....ah, but back to reality!

Nevertheless...
fun times
good friends
awesome fellowship



McKenzie and grandpa...



Josiah "getting air" on the jump he and Scott built...



and "getting air" again...



McKenzie riding her two-wheel bike for the first time without training wheels...
does she look determined or what!



Josiah on the losing end of tug-of-war...



and Dale and Mel...



All in all it was a fun weekend, and I hope there are more to come!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your grandchildren are beautiful! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend.