Monday, July 9, 2007


Psalm 118:24 NIV

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.


What a glorious, sunny day it was today! My beautiful, blonde-haired, blue-eyed daughter and I took the ferry to Seattle. I wish it had been for "fun", but it was to go meet with my son-in-law's attorney and deliver pages and pages of documents. For those who are unaware, our beloved Dept. of Homeland Security, who is now in charge of INS, wants to deport my son-in-law back to Mexico. My ex-son-in-law is refusing to let my grandkids leave the country, so my daughter is being faced with the possibility of leaving behind two of her children, or losing her husband. Obviously, she would never abandon her children. We are facing many more months of uncertainty, several court hearings and thousands and thousands of dollars (more) in attorney and immigration fees before we know what will happen. Whatever one's opinion is of immigration in our country, surely the idea of separating a loving, hard-working, devoted husband and father from his wife and children, can't sit well with you. It is appalling to me.

Nevertheless, we tried to make the best of the day and of the ride on the ferry. I stood out on the front of the boat for most of the ride home, and felt like I was in the movie "Titanic"! I love God's creation...the sun and sky and sea. Something about the wind on the water just seems to blow my cares from my mind. Overall, it was a good day. (Well, all except that part about the $70,000-$100,000 bond they're probably going to want. )

1 comment:

kristi said...

i really hope this all works out. sometimes i think that people in "power" get so into their rules that they forget these are actually human beings and that they have families.