Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Geraniums



I have a feeling of accomplishment. I cleaned my front porch. It's not a big thing, really, but it's something I've been trying to get at for a couple of months now. I washed the windows and swept and shop-vac'd the porch and stairs, and then took the hose and hosed the hole thing down. Next, I'm going to paint my two sling-back rockers I have out there; so today I'm tearing one apart and going to start priming it. I went downtown to Tozier's and bought a couple geraniums and set them out in a basket, too. It was so fun down there. I walked in and among the many plants and flowers and it was like a secret little garden. They have the most beautiful calla lilies and I'm coveting them tremendously! I want three of them to plant out back, by my hammock, but cleaning the back patio is a HUGE job that I'm not up to tackling yet.

Such a simple little thing, but I think it looks lovely and it brings me joy. More and more I find that I'm happiest when I can stay home and just take care of my home and projects around here. I used to be so busy, always running, always going, that I never had time to enjoy what I had. I'm beginning to find a certain level of peace that has been elusive for a long time, and that's a good thing!


Luke 12:27 (New International Version)

Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.

3 comments:

.justin said...

is the "Dunn Family" [the zambia adoption people] form shelton?

anita said...

Andy is formerly from Shelton, and his parents still live here. He is my son's best friend since kindergarten. He and his beautiful wife and daughter now live in Colorado, where her family is from. Daniel and Andy are very good friends and Daniel was one of the groomsmen in Andy and Britlee's wedding. They are awesome people!

{B} said...

Hi Anita! I like your Faith rock...I can't believe you still have that!