Sunday, July 8, 2007

Lucky Sevens

My grandson turned seven yesterday. Seven on 7/7/07! I told him it must be his lucky day! It's unbelievable to me that he is already seven years old. I remember the day his mama told me she was pregnant like it was yesterday. I was devastated and thought that it was the end of the world. It wasn't. Not by a long shot. It was the beginning of a whole new life and turned out to be such a blessing! I cannot imagine our life without Josiah in it. I love him so very, very much. He has a sweet and tender spirit, and never fails to bring a smile to his grandma's heart.

If only I could remember all of this when I am going thru the trials and tribulations in my life. Life has not been easy for this family the last seven years. I often wonder why we have had to face the things we have. In church this morning, Pastor Glen asked us if we looked at our trials with an attitude of joy. The bible says to consider it joy when we face trials...my honest answer to his question was, NO! I DO NOT consider it joy! My prayer is that God would change my attitude. I can look back at the difficulties I have been through and see how God has used them to the benefit of myself and my family, and to His glory. I know I am stronger because of the circumstances of my life. I just wish maybe God could find an easier way to teach me, or I could find an easier way to learn.

On another note, I stand convicted for something I did today. Just an hour after church, after listening to a great sermon on judgment, I sat at lunch and spouted off words of judgment against my former son-in-law. My husband called me on it, and said I should remember Pastor Glen's sermon. *sigh* How could I forget his words in so short a period of time? I am thankful that my husband reminded me, and I am sorry that I forgot so quickly.

I am so grateful for my kind and loving husband, for my church family and pastors, and for my children and grandchildren.


James 1:2-4 (New International Version)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

No comments: