Friday, July 27, 2007

Diet Coke update


Excuse me while I pat myself on the back...it's been six days since I've had a Diet Coke. I had a raging headache for four days, no energy, and just generally felt really, really lousy. Yesterday I finally had to take a migraine pill to get rid of the headache, but today, I'm starting to feel pretty good! I didn't realize this would be so hard, it's just soda, right? Now the only problem is I've been told that aspartame, the artificial sweetener in Diet Coke, turns to formaldehyde when it's heated, and that people have done autopsies and found a white film covering people's brains that was aspartame! Is this true? I also found this article, that lists dozens of symptoms of aspartame poisoning. Does this mean I now need to give up Crystal Light? Because that's just taking things one step too far! This being healthy is killing me.

2 comments:

Aimee B said...

That' so funny, Anita. When I read your blog on Diet Coke, I was going to suggest Crystal Light (peach ice tea is my favorite). I have been feeling pretty good about all the water I drink now, yes it has CL in it, but still, at least I am getting my recommended daily amount of water. But, of course, someone had to burst my bubble the other day by telling me how it has this deadly ingredient in it that is too long to pronounce but starts with a P. I just can't get myself to drink plain water, so I say, CL in water is better than no water at all.

anita said...

:) yea! i was thinking the same thing...so proud of all the water i now drink, even though it has crystal light in it. so this is my plan...i'm going to dilute the crystal light down, ever so much, with more water and GRADUALLY wean myself off of it. No more cold turkey for me! lol