Thursday, July 19, 2007

Len


Our music minister is also an elder of our church and is up for reaffirmation this year. In church on Sunday, he gave a short testimony and also gave the sermon. I didn't get to listen to all of his sermon, because I was babysitting Isabella, my granddaughter, and she got fussy and I had to leave, but, his testimony and the part of his sermon that I did hear, was awesome. Why? Because he was real, and he was transparent, and he was honest, and he spoke from his heart to the hearts of other people in the church. And for the first time, in a really long time, I felt like I wasn't the only person in our church who has problems and troubles and disappointments and heartaches. I felt like I wasn't the only person who doesn't always understand why things happen, but who has to trust in God that He knows and is in control and will work things out. Sometimes God seems very far away and I wonder if He hears my cries and prayers, and now I don't feel like I'm the only one who feels that way. I appreciated the honesty that the message was delivered with, and the man who delivered it, and I hope that the Lord blesses him and his family, as much as he and his message blessed me.

Psalm 5:1-2 (New International Version)

Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.

No comments: