Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Focus!

I have accomplished an amazing amount of work so far today. I couldn't get to sleep last night and was up until after 2:00 a.m. Because of that, I didn't get out of bed until almost 10:00! Add to that the time necessary for bathing, dressing, eating, etc., and I didn't really get started on my day until about 11:30...yet already I've accomplished more than in the last two days put together!

So far I've balanced my checkbook, paid bills and done my filing. I went to our laundromat and picked up the blankets I had dropped off there yesterday, and also dropped off my garbage into the dumpster. After that, I went to the dry cleaners and dropped off my son's wool, winter coat to have it cleaned. I've done 2 loads of laundry, with a third load started, done the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen, planned dinner and made up a list for the grocery store. I've also got my desk cleaned off and, of course, done my usual morning pickup on the rest of the house.

Yet to be done? Go to the store, finish cleaning the guest room and bath, and adjoining hallway, look online for drapes for the guest room, and finish boxing up my son's clothes and putting them into storage. Whew! Amazing what you can accomplish when you're focused!

No comments: