Tuesday, June 17, 2008

flu

On a brighter note...today I am nearly recovered from a bout of the stomach flu, accompanied last night by a migraine headache. Isn't life grand? This illness has delayed our next vacation trip by several days. I have yet to pack the trailer or get my house cleaned and laundry done. I haven't collected my mail from the post office, refilled my prescriptions, balanced my checkbook, or paid my bills. I have watched hour upon hour of inane daytime television; do you have any idea how many dance shows are on television these days?

I treated myself to a bowl of chicken noodle soup at Denny's today, in a desperate need to get out of the house and try to get back on my feet. It actually helped quite a bit and my stomach is nearly back to normal. I'm exhausted and feel like I've been run over by a truck, but there is one good thing about having the flu; losing three pounds in one day!

In addition, the book I requested months ago from the library, came in today! The Good Life by Helen and Scott Nearing...it's a book I've been wanting to read for SO long; perfect for camping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Thought we better stay away Monday night. Looking forward to your visit. Love you, Mom