Friday, July 4, 2008

vacation


As I posted previously, we are back from our trip. We were gone for a total of eight days, traveling with our grandson, from Washington, down the Oregon coast to northern California, back over to I-5 and back home again.

When we were in the Redwood National Forest we went to see the Trees of Mystery. That's $12.50 I could have lived without spending! I don't know what possessed me to think that going up in one of those little tiny gondolas suspended about a million miles above the earth would be fun! I'm terrified of heights and every time I was able to pry one of my eyes open and unbury my face from my husband's shoulder, all I could see was thin air beneath me. By the time we reached the top I was in tears, despite my best efforts. I hate being afraid of heights. I guess it's one of the reasons I went on the ride; I am forcing myself out of my comfort zone and making myself do things that I don't want to do, even if it scares me.

After leaving the Redwoods, we headed back up north and then east to Grants Pass. We then went down I-5 to Phoenix, Oregon and visited with my parents for a couple days before going back up to Grants Pass and what was, without a doubt, the funnest thing we did on our trip. We caught the 4:15 jet boat down the Rogue River. If you've never done this before and you ever get the opportunity, go for it! It was SO MUCH FUN! I'd been about 15 years ago and kept telling my hubby that he just had to go. I think he was looking forward to it, but I would say it probably surpassed his expectations. It was just an absolute blast! I'm hoping we can go back later this summer or fall and do their white water trip. It was sold out for weeks when we checked.

I've got the trailer about halfway cleaned out. We have a couple changes to make in it and I have to put a few extras in for our next trip, but I think we'll be heading over to the Omak area in eastern Washington soon.

2 comments:

kristi said...

We went on that gondola too. I hate things like that. I tried to convince Justin to walk back down with me. (he said no) I'm having a little bit of a panic attack just remembering it.

Anonymous said...

we certainly enjoyed part of your trip and look for more of your visits MOM and DAD