Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend away

I'm home. From a wonderful weekend AWAY. I journeyed two hours south of this little hell hole town to the big city of Portland last Thursday to attend the Women of Faith conference. This is the second year I've attended this conference and I just love it. I ended up staying an extra night and spent a beautiful, sunny Sunday wandering around downtown Portland's "Saturday Market", until my friend Susan's feet hurt so bad we finally HAD to leave. I didn't realize how relaxing the weekend was until I got home and found myself not-so-relaxed again.

The best part of the weekend? I laughed. and laughed. and laughed. like I hadn't laughed in over 3 years. Anita Renfroe was at the conference...you may remember her "mom song" that I posted a few weeks ago. I didn't know she was going to be at the conference and didn't even realize she was the one who did the "Mom Song" when she first started speaking. She is absolutely hysterical. I believe she's going to be on Good Morning America, or one of those morning shows, tomorrow morning, AND she's also filming a Dr. Phil episode this week. I intend to buy her books so I can keep on laughing.

No comments: