Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My car

The hubby and I had never purchased a new vehicle until he bought his motorcycle a couple years ago. We've always driven used cars and paid cash for them. Last year we purchased a new Toyota Tacoma pickup truck. We were looking for used, but with rebates and the Costco automobile purchase plan, we were able to find a new truck cheaper than a used one. We always pay cash and haven't had a car payment since shortly after we got married, over 30 years ago.

Right now I drive a 2000 Grand Vitara with 150,000 miles on it. It's not a great car. It's rough to ride in and too small, but it gets me where I need to go. If I need something bigger and more comfortable to drive, I just borrow the hubby's truck. Next year I am hoping to purchase a new car, for the first time, since 1977!! But, the one I have now will work until then. I've gotten laughed at sometimes because of the cars we drive...but frankly, I really don't care.

Why have we always paid cash and always bought used? Dave Ramsey says it best.



ht: Finally Frugal.

No comments: