Monday, March 9, 2009

i can see clearly now...


I have a few basic rules I follow when it comes to my house:

1. If I don't love it, I don't keep it.
2. If I'm not going to use it, I don't keep it.
3. a place for everything, and everything in it's place.

and most important...

4. If I were to move tomorrow, is this cupboard, (room, closet?) neat and organized so that i could quickly pack it in a box, label it, move it, and put it away in my new home?

If I have to sort through stuff, decide what to keep, decide what to get rid of, donate, etc., then I haven't got things clean and organized enough.

If I want to find something, I don't want to have to hunt high and low, here and there...I want to go to where it is supposed to be and find it.

A little extreme? maybe, but it keeps things running smoothly around here...hence, my problem and my stress. Stuff is laying around all over. I can barely park my car in the garage...where did all of this mess come from? Have I been walking through life asleep the last year?

My gluten-free, dairy-free diet is helping to clear my brain...but causing me more stress because now I can finally SEE thru the fog!

oy vey.

No comments: