Thursday, March 12, 2009

grateful

I learned this past weekend of another family I know who are in danger of having their home foreclosed on. This makes four families that I know, personally, who are in some stage of the foreclosure process. I also know of a family losing their business, and several others on the brink of serious financial meltdown and possible bankruptcy. These times are frightening for so many of my friends and I see them struggling with depression and sleep issues and my heart aches for them. I am grateful for the financial security my hubby and I have; but, I also know, that things could have turned out much differently. Investments he made could have soured, rather than doing well. It's difficult to be happy about such things, when those around me struggle, but it's not difficult to be grateful. We serve a great and mighty God, and I give thanks for his abundant provision in my life.

No comments: