Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sco-o-o-o-o-re!

We took the boy to his "away" soccer game last night. When did eight-year-old boys start having "away" games in the middle of the week? 6:00 pm at a field an hour away? Makes it a little hard on the working parents, don't you think? Which would be...well....every one of them!

Oh well...we made it in 49 minutes...sure glad the hubby noticed the brake lights on the vehicles in front of us coming around that corner just outside of Montesano...we were barely speeding as we passed that stater!

They won...20-0. They played the second half with one less player than the other team so as to give them a better advantage; it still didn't work. They are 4-0. They've won their games 7-4, 12-2, 9-1 and 20-0. Geez, it's nice to be on the winning side of something for once, even if it is only kids' soccer.

On the down side, i met my hubby at his office and left my car parked there. All night. We completely forgot to stop on the way home and get it. My old car is still in the driveway, but the keys are...you guessed it...in my other car. The one at my hubby's office.

So here I sit. Waiting for him to come and pick me up. Just how long does it take to drive 5 miles? Twenty minutes, so far.

No comments: