Friday, April 11, 2008

On the mend

I am slowly but surely starting to feel better and have high hopes that I will be back to "normal" (lol) within another week or so. I am finally sleeping a little bit better and have been able to resume most of my daily chores without having to stop every fifteen minutes to rest and catch my breath. I'm coughing up a storm, but even that is slowly subsiding. A friend warned me that after being sick for two weeks and finally being on the mend, she relapsed and ended up on antibiotics. Her husband ended up in the hospital with pnuemonia...definitely not a place I want to go! So, I'm taking things slowly and resting as much as I can.

Perhaps one of the most difficult things about being sick is that I have been unable to spend time with my grandkids. I'm so used to being around them on a daily basis that spending the better part of the last two weeks away from them has caused me to miss them terribly! I definitely don't want them to get sick with this horrible flu, though!

Tomorrow is supposed to be warm and sunny and I'm looking forward to getting out in my yard and doing some work. I don't anticipate getting a whole lot done, but there's so much to do that any little bit will help! I had high hopes of planting a garden this year, but I'm not sure that it's going to get done since I've been so sick and have so little energy. Maybe just a few tomato plants will have to suffice! I guess God always has a way of making us slow down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im glad you are doing better. Hope you can get outside today and bask in the sunshine. It's good for the body and soul. Love you, Mom