Sunday, April 13, 2008

ReStore!

We are in the process of remodeling/fixing up a couple of rental units that we own. Every year we seem to go through this process with 3 or 4 units. It would be a lot easier to make money in the rental business if tenants weren't so hard on the units!

Habitat for Humanity recently opened a store in our town, so Friday I went down and looked around for some kitchen cabinets that could be used in our rental. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any cabinets, but I did have a fun time looking around at all the different items they had in the store.

Need a door? There were at least a couple dozen! Roof felting...rolls and rolls! Lots of light fixtures, several kitchen and bathroom sinks, and lots of this and that, but no kitchen cabinets. The Habitat store in Olympia is much bigger and although I've driven by it a couple times, I've never actually gone in. I think the next trip to Olympia, might just involve a trip downtown to their Re-use store to look around and see what I can find.

No comments: