Friday, February 8, 2008

Hard days

Some days, most days, are hard. I wake up thinking I just can't do this anymore, I go to bed thinking the same. Yesterday was especially hard. Kids needing rescue...flat tires abound. A job, desperately needed and wanted, so close, but not to be. Grandkids, preschool, no bus drivers. Legal issues, seemingly never-ending. Rain, rain, rain, snow. Stomach flu, colds. Gossip. Small town politics and corruption. A friend, diagnosed with cancer. A family member irate. I am on my last leg. I am beyond tired. Praise be to my God that He will carry me, when my strength is gone.

Some days I'd just like to run away.


"...When I am afraid I will trust in You. In God whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?... They stir up strife, they lurk; they watch my steps as they have waited for my life... they injure my cause, their thoughts are against me...in the day when I call, this I know that God is for me...In God whose word I praise, in the Lord whose word I praise, In God I trust; I shall not be afraid..." Ps. 56

4 comments:

Mom said...

Keep praying. God will not give up on you and some day (I hope soon) things will be better. Love you.

Senior Bowler said...

So soory you are having a bad day...in my prayerse and thought. Maybe tomorrow will be better....

Anonymous said...

I sure can relate Anita. Some days just seem endless. I get so tired of "meeting needs".
But praise God indeed, that he is our strength and source of joy.

I'm really happy that Dale has a great girl and you will have a daughter-in-law to enjoy.

Praying~
Jaynee

mary said...

I just found this blog and thought of you. But it's for all of us.

http://paultrippministries.blogspot.com/2008/02/psalm-27-two-words-you-never-want-to.html