Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Lord willin' and the creek don't rise!


I took down the Christmas tree today...can we say "finally!!!" I normally take it down a few days after Christmas because my son's birthday is on January 1, but this year I just couldn't seem to get it done. I had to get it done now, though, because we leave on Saturday for a brief vacation. Yes!!! I can't wait. More on that later. Let's just say it's warm and sunny where I'm headed. And I'm probably going to actually shut my cell phone off for a couple days, too. Now that's a real vacation!

After three weeks and three feet of snow, the pineapple express has hit and it is raining, raining, raining! I-5 may be closed just south of us because of water over the roadway. The lake level has risen quite a bit, but it's still several feet below our bulkhead, and schools have a delayed start tomorrow because of all the water on the roads. Blue skies and sunshine are sounding better every day!

*By the way, that photo above was copied off flickr, not taken by me, and it's of the Skokomish River.

No comments: