Friday, July 10, 2009

blessed

I sat this morning, head in my hands, and cried. Long, hard tears for a life that I thought I would have, that hasn't turned out quite the way I planned. I thought to myself, this isn't what I thought my life would be about. It isn't what I wanted. And then I realized, yes, it is! It's about my family and my children...and isn't that just exactly what I've always wanted my life to be about? God in his infinite wisdom, has allowed me to have just what I've always wanted...just changed the details to meet his will, not my own. and I realized just how blessed I am.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Life never is what we think we want, but making the best of what we have.. i have a beautiful wife who loves and supports me, our grandkids are moving closer, walking distance, our daughter and son, in different ways, are both healing.... Looking through all the hurt, pain and suffering of the last few years, God has truly blessed me and my family.. I know he sees our efforts to be faithful and trust in him..

Anonymous said...

And we are blessed to have both of you in our lives. You are both such caring, loving parents and you are both stronger than you will ever realize. We love you very much. Mom

Liisu said...

I hope, you are well now and your doughter is well, too!