Monday, November 10, 2008

digging a trench?

My cable bill went up. Well, more to the point, my Comcast bill went up, which includes my cable and internet service. Awhile back I had our cable shut off; just completely shut off, for about 6 months. My Comcast bill went from approximately $75 to $45ish, for cable alone. When I signed back up they were running a special and I was able to "bundle" the two services for about $65. When that six month special ran out, the bill went up again, so i called and after some negotiating basically got them to reinstate the special price so that once again I was paying about $65 a month.

Now, again, that special price has expired and my bill is now $100 a month for cable and internet. Too much. I am once again going to call and try to renegotiate my price.

My point? I never knew it was possible to negotiate with companies such as Comcast for the price I paid, until I tried to shut off my service and they came back with all kinds of offers in order to keep me as a customer. It helps to have a bargaining chip...I was more than willing to shut the cable off altogether. Now? Our local Public Utility District has fiber optics available in our neighborhood, all we have to do is dig a trench to the road from our house...which I am happy to do if it means my price will go down.

We'll see how it goes...

2 comments:

ComcastCares1 said...

I am happy to know that you were able to take advantage of our promotions.

Please email our team if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help!

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

anita said...

So Comcast is now monitoring blogs on the internet. Big Brother IS watching you! Time to unplug? maybe!