Friday, October 17, 2008

work, work, work

Looking at the calendar I guess it's been three weeks since I last posted on here. We were gone for almost a week on vacation, most of which was spent sleeping since I was 1.exhausted and 2.sick.

We got home and I spent the next week working every day and then took off again for three days to Portland, OR for the Women of Faith Conference. It was excellent, as usual, but again, I came home exhausted. I'm noticing a recurring pattern here.

The last week has been spent working, working, working. Our hard work has begun to pay off, though. Slowly I've been able to make some improvements at our laundromat, including some new equipment, hiring a new employee, seeing some long-awaited improvements done on our building, and streamlining some procedures in order to make us more efficient and better-managed.

Business has been picking up and income is improving. It's a good thing. At least it was. I won't even get into what happened today. I will say that working with family is sometimes difficult.

2 comments:

tracy hanson said...

Hi Anita,
It sounds like you need to come to Colorado so you can really rest!
I hope you start to get rested & you feel better soon.

Tracy

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

Many years ago I had a Janitorial Service that did the floor in large grocery stores. We hired my son and hubby's son to run 2 of our crews. Although they were both very good at what they did...we had so much touble with them....don't think I would every work family again if the situation arose..just to much drama. Not only do have have to deal with them on a business level...also have to deal with the personal stuff. Much more than if they were just a regular employee....