Monday, December 7, 2009

Tablescapes

I've been feeling a little convicted the last few months about my lack of homemaking the last....well, for awhile. I've let my house go, done little decorating, appallingly little cleaning and next to no cooking. It's embarrassing, really. My poor hubby.

So I've been working hard lately, trying to catch up, and get back in the swing of things. One of my favorite blogs to read is Between Naps on the Porch. I love her tablescapes and I've been trying to set the table in our breakfast nook in a cute and creative way lately. It's so fun! Now my table doesn't look anything like the ones she puts together...but still...I have had several compliments on how nice it looks.

It's fun to browse through Ross or Marshalls housewares, or pick up clearance items at Walmart. I'm SO wanting some beautiful pink-flowered plates I saw recently at TJ Maxx, when we were visiting Bend, OR, and still kicking myself for not buying the leaf-shaped salad plates that I saw at Walmart for $2!

No comments: